Monday, May 5, 2008

Cherry Blossom Festival

Despite having lived in the DC area on two separate occasions before moving out here last November, I have never lived here in the spring. I don’t know how I managed it, but I always seemed to miss the famed cherry blossom season. I was excited to finally be able to go and see what all the hype was about.

Seabreeze thought that we should go to the Cherry Blossom Festival for Shelley’s birthday. It became a bit dicey as it had rained the day before and was supposed to rain the day of her birthday. Miraculously, it stopped raining just in time for us to go to the festival. I stand by my claim that God really likes Shelley, as the day turned out to not only to be rain-free but was also beautiful, warm, and sunny.

Amber, Shelley, Seabreeze and I spent a lovely evening in DC. We headed to the Mall and the Tidal Basin to enjoy the cherry blossoms. I must admit that the cherry blossoms were far more impressive than I imagined. They are so soft, light, wonderfully scented and are the epitome of spring.

Later, we headed for a nice restaurant called Rosa Mexicano. They had great food, including awesome guacamole. Seabreeze sure knows how to pick a restaurant.

I have been enjoying Spring this year for the very first time. It was a long winter, and I love watching the blossoms appear on the trees and then the leaves return. I understand now why people look forward to Spring. Good times!

No comments: