Monday, November 30, 2009

Bella Visits in June and August 2009


In June my lovely friend Bella Tukuafu came out to DC for her new job. I was so excited that she was in town because it had been about 4 years since we had last seen each other. As usual, Bella was totally awesome. It was great to catch up with her and learn more about her sexy husband (I am just reporting the facts, right Bella?) and her totally adorable kids. Bella never ceases to amaze me; she is so cool and confident.

While in town, Seabreeze, Shelley, Bella and I went to our former mission president’s house for dinner (the mission president supervises all the missionaries). I hadn’t seen the Pratt’s in about 8 years and it was strange to see kids that were in high school when I knew them now married and with kids on the way. It was nice to catch up with them again.

Bella and I went out to dinner several times when she was in town. I took her to Cosi here in Reston and the s'moores were fantastic. Bella's co-worker Cecilia joined us as Cosi and instantly fit right in. Cecilia you are welcome here anytime. On her last night in town I headed to Rosa Mexicano in to join Bella and her co-workers for dinner. Boy did we eat up a lot of food and shared several desserts. I love people that love dessert.

What really made my day was that Bella came back in August and we were able to spend time together once more. I wish she didn’t live so far away – stupid Utah.

No comments: