Sunday, August 16, 2009

SPORTS!

Since March I have attended more professional sports games than I have in my entire life. I am not quite sure why that is, but I have a couple of ideas. I think one reason is because it is much easier to get to the arenas and ballparks here in DC than in the Bay Area. Also, my parents weren't that interested in sports or attending games. The one team I would LOVE to see play is the San Francisco 49ers. If only I could afford those tickets. Sadly, they totally suck so it would probably just be depressing to attend a game.

Anyway, here are some pictures of us at the games.

In March my friends Seabreeze, Mathieu, Jenny, Shanna, and I saw the Washington Wizards play the Orlando Magic. Naturally, the Wizards lost.



In May Jenny, Shanna, Shelley, Ben and I attended a Washington Nationals game. I don't remember who they played. Naturally, the Nationals lost.



At the end of May a group of us drove up to Baltimore to see a game at Camden Yards. Aside from the Inner Harbor smelling like a combination of raw sewage and rotting fish, it was a wonderful night with AMAZING weather. It was also Mathieu's first baseball game so it was extra exciting. The Baltimore Orioles played the Detroit Tigers. Naturally, the Orioles lost.



In the picture above, from left to right, is: Jen, Ben, Shelley, Mathieu, Seabreeze, Andrew, and Christine.

To top it all off, we went to the batting cages in Herndon, VA to confirm our baseball genius. My friends Frank and Laurie joined Mathieu, Shelley and me.







Who knew I enjoyed going to games? I sure didn't. Although it is one of the few times that I will eat a hot dog - so maybe it isn't an appreciation for athleticism, but rather a desire to eat meat by-products. I am going to have to think about this one.

4 comments:

Debbie Davis said...

I'm so glad you've discovered the joys of sporting events. It took you long enough. However, I have to take issue with your depiction of your beloved parents as uninterested in sports. Who went to every home game at BYU and did stunt cards when they were in college? Who tried to get you to go to BYU games when you were in college? Who never went? We've been to Oakland A's games and a Pittsburg Pirates game in Three Rivers Stadium. Of course, there wasn't much money left over after paying for gymnastics, soccor, tennis, golf, and swimming for you. I can see how athletically deprived you were. I'm glad you've expanded your horizens. When you come back to CA during football season, we'll let you treat us to a home game. Love you my Jendrop.

Kiersten said...

I, too, am glad you are learning to appreciate sports! :) We will never become SoCal converts . . . but while we are here we are trying to see all of the different teams play. We've been to all 3 baseball stadiums (Dodgers, Angels & San Diego) and to a Clippers game. Lakers games are hard to get into as well . . . so that one is still on our to do list as is seeing the San Diego Chargers.

Happy sporting!

mccready's said...

Wow, you have been busy! That's really cool that you've been able to do so many fun things! I'm very jealous. :) I think the last game of any sort that I attended was with Clint and Dustin at BYU and it was so cold that nobody wanted to take their hands out from under their armpits to pass the nachos. And the ending score was 0-3... nobody even scored a touchdown. What a flop.

Stephanie said...

Dang, reading that post and seeing pictures of you and the girls makes me miss you SO MUCH! I'm glad you're having fun, though. Love from Utah!