Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thanksgiving in Sacramento

I hadn’t planned on going home to California for Thanksgiving, but all the stars and planets aligned and the trip came together flawlessly. I love Thanksgiving. I love food. I love watching Food Network obsessively for 2 weeks before the holiday. I love having an eating strategy that I spend hours perfecting. Thanksgiving is awesome.

I also need to talk about how much I love JetBlue. It is a great airline because they have tons of DirectTV channels, give you snacks, and free sodas (unlike some airlines – you know who you are). The only issue that I have with JetBlue is that they don’t fly everywhere I need to go. Now US Airways…

Thanksgiving was relatively uneventful. The trip was so brief that I didn’t get to see a lot of my friends. I did try to prepare a few items for the big feast. My cranberry sauce turned out well, but my green bean casserole (which I made from scratch –thank you Alton Brown) didn’t turn out well. It isn’t Alton’s fault, as I have made the dish successfully before, but I didn’t cook the beans enough and I burned the fried onions. Snafus aside, Thanksgiving dinner rocked my world. Jody, every year you out do yourself. It was also great to see so many of my cousins and their children. Every time I go home it always hits me how much I really miss California.

Next trip – Ottawa, ON

No comments: